We are building features for the Women Who Code community and we want to highlight that work with our stakeholders, you! THANK YOU to our contributors for dedicating their valuable time to help us build tech a place where women can excel.
You can follow all of our work on github. Below are a few snippets of our awesome features.
Network Contact Form Updates- We added a custom JS error message that appears when an empty form is submitted or the captcha is not clicked.- We updated the form confirmation email to come from firstname.lastname@example.org for consistency.- Guests do not need to be signed in to submit the Get Involved form on Network pages.
Network Profile Local Jobs
- Updated the Network jobs page to match the new look and styles.- Limited the number of local jobs to 3.- Include a see more link to view other jobs in the area.
Implement V1 of Get Involved Area
- In V1 we are just working to repurpose the elements of the Get Involved page that we already have, in order to better match the approved design mocks that we have.
Update COUNT Variable
- WWCode is constantly growing! That’s a good thing, but it means we have to update our copy in multiple places every time our official member count goes up. This implements a variable in several key places that allows us to automatically do that at once.- About page, companies pages, plan pages, Network pages, layout.
Network Event Time Zones
- Added a display_date helper to handle the display of dates and times according to the timezone of the Network.- Fixed an error where event time was displaying months instead of minutes.- Edit time zone abbreviation logic to use the events start time, in order to more accurately based on the time zone selected when the event was created.
Remove FAQ’s Partial Render on Plan Pages
- This removes the FAQ from plan pages, as most people arrive there from the companies page and have already seen that information.
Add Logic for Multi Day Network Events
- This implements the ability to create events that last over multiple days.
Fixed Companies Page View in IE
- Implemented a css fix to resolve issues with the companies page when viewed in IE.
Our repo is private, yet running under an open source license. Instead of pointing to issues and PRs, we are including a screenshot of what our weekly pulse looks like.
Existing website contributors, please check out our pulse!
Potential website contributors, please email email@example.com with your GitHub username to get started. It’s built in Ruby on Rails + React + Postgresql.
Talk to us
To submit feedback, comments or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you.
User Research is a Team Sport
Join our User Research Team! Be the first to check out all of the great products that we are building and have your voice heard from the earliest stages of development.
Originally published at www.womenwhocode.com on August 6, 2018.