Profile Launch — Step by Step Walkthrough
Women Who Code is proud to announce the launch of our profiles feature! This is an exciting new part of the WomenWhoCode.com experience that will allow you to connect with our online community and received curated opportunities, tools, and information to help you succeed in your tech career.
Some of the benefits include:
- Personalized career, press, and speaking opportunities.
- Access to the full WWCode suite of career programs and tools.
- Connect with local Network’s, companies, and the global WWCode community.
Just remember to Update Your Profile to take advantage of all of these benefits and more.
The following are step by step instructions for accessing your profile on WomenWhoCode.com and using the different features that are now available from your dashboard.
1. Click the Signin or Signup button at the top right of any page on WomenWhoCode.com. They will both take you to the same page.
2. Enter a valid email, and hit “Next”
3A. If you already have an account with that email you will be asked for a password. If you do not know the password, you can choose “Forgot your password?” and reset it using the email address you entered.3B. If you are signing up for a new account you will be asked to create a new password and confirm it. Then click the teal “Sign up” button.
4. On the next page, you will see a message at the top, in teal, indicating that a confirmation email has been sent to you at the address entered.
5. The message in your inbox will have the subject “Confirm your account”
6. In the email, click the “Confirm My Account” button.
7. Enter your email address again to complete confirmation.
8. The first time you sign into our new profile system, whether you are creating an account or logging in to an existing one, you will be presented with this page where you will be asked to authorize Women Who Code to use your account.This is because all Women Who Code user information is stored in a separate app from the website for security purposes, and requires authorization upon first-time use. This is done according to strict adherence to security standards and is in an effort to ensure that your information is protected at all times.
This authorization will only be required once, the first time you log in.
9. When you log into your profile for the first time you will be asked to take a one question survey. This is completely optional, and can be skipped. However, it does help us learn about the Women Who Code community so we can better serve you.
Women Who Code Profiles
1. When you first log in you will be taken to the Member Benefits page, where you will have quick access to the career features and opportunities offered by Women Who Code.
Coding Resources: A list of learning utilities, schools, and programs for learning to code, brushing up on your skills, or mastering a new language.
Leadership: Sign up to become a Network Director, Lead, or Evangelist and boost your professional prestige with career experience and opportunities.
Global Community: Find a Women Who Code Network near you, join them, get information about their meetups, and connect with other WWCode members.
The WWCode Job Board: Employment listings designed and built for tech professionals based on feedback from the global WWCode community.
Scholarships and Free Tickets: Over $1M in University and tech school scholarships and conference tickets given away each year to WWCode members.
ApplaudHer: Celebrate the accomplishments of your fellow women engineers,or have your own successes recognized by the WWCode community.
2. To access your profile immediately, click the WWCode account link logo in the top right of the page, and then click “My Profile” in the drop down list. From there you can click “edit profile”
3. The first time that you sign in, you’ll also receive an email that will list the different benefits of Women Who Code membership, and link you to the page where you can update your profile.
4. The profile edit page lets you enter information about your career and interests. All of this is kept private and is only visible to you and WWCode HQ.The benefit of filling out your profile is that it allows us to start sending you personalized content and opportunities based on your interests and preferences. This can include speaking and volunteer opportunities, employment notices, events in your area, tools or resources that become available, and much more.
5. This is your profile summary page. It contains your avatar, name, and interests. This is for your reference only and is only visible to you and WWCode HQ.
And that’s it! We’re really excited about the launch of the new Women Who Code profile system, and this is only the first step on a long term plan that we are implementing to make WomenWhoCode.com the ultimate resource for women to excel in their tech careers.
Originally published at www.womenwhocode.com.